Click to Vote For My Blog Once A Day!

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Google Analytics

Thursday, August 2, 2012

A YMCA for Brunswick County



                                                                      YMCA.net



Attention my fellow Brunswick County, NC residents. My good friend, Kat brought to my attention that our county does not have a YMCA nor any real good programs for our children. We are trying to get the YMCA to consider putting one in our county to help with programs for our children. We are a large county that is growing fast. As a result of the fast paced growing our county frequently is in need of new programs and things to help make it a fruitful community. Please send this to fulfillment@ymca.net   Here is a copy of Kat's letter, and I tweaked it to suit myself sending it. Please feel free to do the same. I really enjoyed going to the Y when I was a kid and I would love to have the same opportunity given to Xavier! 


To Whom It May Concern:

I am a resident of Leland in Brunswick County NC. Brunswick county has no boys and girls home, few park/rec activities and only small individual gyms. I feel the community of Leland and Brunswick County would greatly benefit from a YMCA. In years past, Brunswick County has been quickly growing. There is ample space and I am sure a great interest in a program such as this. Large neighborhoods such as Brunswick Forest and Waterford would surely show interest. Recently a friend asked me to inquire about a soccer program for her 3yr old daughter. I could find nothing available. The only afterschool programs are the ones offered through the school. Summer camps and programs are few and far between. My husband and I just had our first child and would love to have him be involved in children's programs at the Y. It occurred to me  there are really no programs, lessons or family facilities in our area. I was involved in the Y programs when I was a child and I would love to be able to have my child involved in them as well.  I have friends with children who are involved with their local Y and are so pleased with the programs and opportunities offered. Please consider the venture of bringing a YMCA to Brunswick County and hopefully Leland, NC. I assure you we would be members and involved. Thank you for the consideration.


Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...